Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Falling Skies

*Spoilers up til the end of the season 2*

All About Alien Invasions = Right Up My Alley

I'd been told numerous times by my sister that this show was for me. Ever since I finished Merlin, I'd been experiencing some withdrawals and was pretty reluctant to starting a new show. Finally, my sister's insistence wore me out and I conceded.

I began watching the show and liked it well enough despite the just-okay acting and sometimes-dragging plot. How could I not like it? Its about an alien invasion! There's also alien-robots called Mechs, skitter-y aliens called Skitters and the boss aliens called FishHeads. Yeah, the show likes its little nicknames. Anyway, the second season of the show ends with revealing another alien type that we have never see before!!! What is it? Is it with the rebel skitters? Or with the Overlords (FishHeads)? I don't know! I'm going to go watch some more right after I write this.

Let's talk about the characters: the main character is Tom Mason along with his three sons (Hal, Ben and Matt). Tom is Captain Weaver's second in command of the 2nd Massachusetts. In the first season, none of the characters really stood out to me, so I couldn't say that I had a favorite character. In the second season I realized I had two favorite characters, Ben and Pope. Ben is super suspicious and kinda weird, but I couldn't help rooting for him. I wanted him to end up on the right side if it ever came down to him choosing the humans or the skitters. Pope, is the most morally ambiguous character on show; he's the guy that would save you and then turn around and shoot you in the back if it serves him better. Again, you can't help but hope that he'll end up with the good guys.

The second season also ended with Hal being possessed by a tiny alien bug. Can't wait to see that play out. Oh a side note, Karen has to be the creepiest of all the Harnessed-Kids, Rick (RIP) comes in second. I think I'm ready for the 2nd Mass. to move out from Charleston. The second season really picked up the speed plot-wise let's hope the third season can maintain that speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment